Friday 8 March 2013

Transfers and stove


Hello mini friends…

The caravan is moving forward… I decided against adding the wheels yet because I thought I may break them when trying to kit out the interior.  So I continued with my transfers. 




As you can see they look quite effective but they didn’t stand out enough so I roughly painted the top face of the (fake) wood trim and this worked better.  I’ve learned a lot about transfers and making your own etc, learned more about how to attach them too.  I remember using transfers as a child and it was fairly easy but when making something so small, there is much more intricacy involved.  


I popped on the door frames inside and out.


Next I decided I’d tackle the slightly daunting task of gluing on tiles around the stove area. 

The tiles I made by printing photo paper tiles, gluing it onto card (you have to love the versatility of card lol) then I painstakingly and carefully cutting out each one. 


I began to glue them in place making sure they were not too neat but not too untidy either. 

Some of the gaps around the stove were a bit fiddly but I got there, easy to cut card to fit ;)

And here it is finished…






 We'll soon be on the fun bit of interior decorating very soon :)

Well, I'm off to make prams, see you soon.
Gill x





9 comments:

  1. Me encanta la cocina con esos azulejos, la puerta muy divertida en color rosa, Te va a quedar fabuloso. Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic caravan. I love the transfers they look so pretty. The tiles are beautiful around the stove. Fantastic work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tiles, they look fantastic! The yellow trim really makes the transfers pop. You've been so productive lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encantan esas transferencias.
    La puerta te ha quedado genial.
    Buen trabajo con las baldosas de la cocina.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, love the tiles! Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unos trabajos estupendos, quedan muy bien. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. OmG those tiles are sheer Genius - Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Tiny,
    ich mag deinen Blog, deine schönen fröhlichen bunten Farben,
    ich liebe sie auch !!!
    Dein Wohnwagen ist toll, eine klasse Idee.
    Viel Spaß weiterhin mit unserem gemeinsamen Hobby.
    Liebe Grüße von
    Skiddi aus Germany

    ReplyDelete